Tips to Help Buying Flatpack and Ready to assemble Furniture
- We have been providing Flatpack Furniture Assembly service for a long time now and during this experience we have notices a lot of things that go wrong. We have listed a few things that may help in furnishing your home with less difficulty.
- Common mistake most people make Furniture installation and fitting is with measurement of the Floor space where the furniture to be assembled and intended to be kept. Most people measure from wall to wall not at floor level and end up in trouble with a couple of Cm’s short in the end. This is because of the skirting board. Always measure wall to wall by the floor where there is skirting, so you don’t get into trouble with the space you loose with the skirting board.
- Furniture assembly instructions to assemble furniture, show the dimensions for the furniture, it is good to have a factor of safety in tight spaces as there may be issues with bent walls and corners. Be aware of the curved coving if any, while choosing the height of the wardrobes.
- For taller wardrobes Like the Ikea Pax wardrobe 236 cms height, please be aware that you need a ceiling height of 246cms or more to be able to do a Standard assembly. If it is less then 10 cms gap the assemblers will have to build the Pax wardrobe with upright assembly method which takes longer and extra charges May apply. Always keep a factor of safety when it comes to measurements.
- Always take into account the space required to open wardrobe doors and drawers on a chest of drawers or a dressing table. Chest of drawers and bedside tables are usually in tight spaces near the bed or between the bed and the wardrobe in the room.
- If your furniture is delivered to your home by any retailer like IKEA, Argos, John Lewis, Habitat, Very.co.uk, Next, Dwell etc, or any retailer for that matter, please make sure they agree to deliver the boxes to the right floor or they may deliver it to the ground floor only. Delivery people are usually in a hurry, can’t blame them, they do a highly time pressured job. You have to make sure you check the list against the items delivered before they leave. Check all the furniture boxes for any damage to the packaging and write it on the invoice if any. Many Flat pack assembly items come in more then one box. You will know when it says 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 on a box. Make sure you also have 2 of 3 and 3 of 3. Be aware that roofs are not always the same height in different room of the house.
- If you are planning to furnish a room, you may be buying a BED, wardrobe, Chest and so on, it is very tempting to Assemble the Bed yourself as it seems easy and then you call for a furniture assembly service to do the wardrobe. The problem here is that the bed has taken all the room space and it get very difficult or not possible to assemble the wardrobe for the furniture installer without dis assembling the bed and we will have to reassemble it. Remember the rule ‘Bed Assembly Last’. Saves a lot of trouble associated with all the other furnitures assembly. Flat pack construction or Ikea Furniture Assembling can always be made easy with a little bit of planing.
- If you see any damage on the packaging it is worth opening the box and make sure the item is not damaged while the delivery people are still there.
- Read our Testimonials and check out our Business Solutions page to see what we offer and what our customers say about our furniture assembly services london.
We will keep adding tips here as and when we notice more issues. So keep coming back and refer this page to family and friends who are planning to buy furniture.